- IASTA (Inland Area Science Teachers Association)
- RCSEF (Riverside County Science and Engineering Fair)
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- NASA's "Welcome to the Planets"
- California Science Teachers Conference
- NSTA (National Science Teachers Association) Express Newsletter
April 2005 | May 2005
- FSEA (Future Scientists and Engineers of America)
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- NEW NIH CURRICULUM SUPPLEMENTS AVAILABLE FOR CLASSROOM USE
Three new state-of-the-art curriculum supplements on alcohol, human communication, and sleep are available from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- FEDERAL RESOURCES FOR EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE (FREE)
- MIT CLASSES (FREE)
- NSTA BUILDING A PRESENCE FOR SCIENCE
Building a Presence for Science is the largest networking initiative of the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA).
- AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY The American Museum of Natural History provides a free, easy-to-navigate online database of the museum's extensive collection of scientific and cultural educational materials.
- Free Videos
You may have heard about the video showing recent graduates of Harvard and MIT providing false and off-the-wall answers to basic science questions such as the cause of the seasons or where the mass in trees comes from. Besides being entertaining, these videos illustrate some basic issues in science education. A DVD version of these videos (“A Private Universe” plus “Minds of Our Own”) is now available free to science educators. To receive a copy send your name and address to Matt Schneps, Director, Science Media Group, 60 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138.
- TEACHER'S DOMAIN WEBSITE
Teacher' Domain is an online collection of classroom-ready multimedia resources from public television programs like NOVA, ZOOM, Building Big, and A Science Odyssey. Video and audio clips, interactive activities, photographs, diagrams, illustrations, and images of documents bring science to life in exciting interactive ways.